You ate your what?
From Belly to Breast offers affordable, professional olympia placenta encapsulation, serving Aberdeen, Elma, Hoquiam, Lacey, McCleary, Montesano, Olympia, Shelton, and Tumwater. Placenta consumption dates back to ancient Greece and has been documented throughout many cultures worldwide since then. It is only in recent years that this practice has finally made its way to mainstream popularity in the US. Some of the benefits include: preventing and lessening the risk of postpartum depression or ‘baby blues’, replenishing your iron from blood loss during birth and helping to prevent postpartum anemia, providing the HPL hormone to help establish early and healthy milk supply, stabilizing your postpartum hormones, replenishing your B vitamins and increasing your energy levels.
Where health and safety meet the benefits and reliability you deserve
My clients health and safety are of the utmost concern for me. I strictly adhere to OSHA standards and have completed bloodborne pathogens training specifically designed for placenta encapsulators and hold a current Washington state food handler’s permit. The process I use for ensuring my safety as well as yours starts with requesting a copy of your blood panel screening when you hire me. When your placenta is ready for encapsulation, my work surface is cleaned with a 20% bleach solution to prevent any cross contamination. I then follow with clean water rinse to remove the bleach residue and begin preparing your placenta for encapsulation. My professional equipment is stored in a separate work area, in a secure container, and is properly disinfected after every single use in order to prevent cross contamination. I inspect all of my equipment before and after each use for signs of wear, pitting, or cracking. I aim to use as many disposable items as possible and do not re-use: sponges, gloves, cutting boards or aprons. Following placenta preparation, all equipment is washed in hot soapy water, rinsed, then fully immersed in a 10% bleach solution for 20 minutes, with a final clean rinse to remove bleach residue. This is the standard required by OSHA & the EPA for disinfection and is designed to kill STDs and all bloodborne pathogens. To add an extra level of safety I use concentrated bleach which is 8.25% sodium hypochlorite instead of standard bleach which is 3-6% sodium hypochlorite. This exceeds OSHA requirements.
Placentalphagy: Science or Placebo Effect?
Interested in reviewing what the scientific research says about Placentalphagy? You can find links the the available research from Placenta Benefits.info here. Your placenta is made up of the following healing hormones and chemicals (list courtesy of the Placenta Bakery):
- Gonadotropin: the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.
- Prolactin: promotes lactation.
- Oxytocin: for pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and infant.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone: boosts energy and helps recovery from stressful events.
- Cortisone: combats stress and unlocks energy stores.
- Interferon: stimulates the immune system to protect against infections.
- Prostaglandins: anti-inflammatory.
- Hemoglobin: replenishes iron deficiency and anemia, a common postpartum condition.
- Urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII: stops bleeding and enhances wound healing.
- Gammaglobulin: immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections.
- Human Placental Lactogen (HPL): stimulates mammary gland function and milk production
- Placental Opioid-Enhancing Factor (POEF): Stimulates the production of your body’s natural opioids, including endorphins, reduces pain, increases well-being.
Your placenta is a natural source of vitamins, minerals, and important hormones that work to bring a natural balance back, as you transition into the ‘4th trimester’ and beyond. Don’t allow this powerful healing organ to go to waste!
Ready to take the next step?
“My placenta pills have helped me so much. I thought it might be crap, but it is crazy the difference!”
-Jessica S., Mother of 3
High Yield Method
This method yields the most capsules possible. Your placenta is not steamed during the preparation, but is fully dehydrated at 115 degrees for 12-24 hours. This method also likely retains the most iron and is only available to clients who have given birth within the first 48 hours of preparation. The high yield method is contraindicated if there are any signs of infection in the mother and is commonly referred to as the Raw or Raw Foods Method.
This method yields a moderate amount of capsules. Your placenta is not steamed during the preparation, but is fully dehydrated at 160 degrees for 8-12 hours. This method provides more protection against bacteria due to high heat.
This method yields the least amount of capsules. Your placenta is steamed with a special blend of herbs during preparation and is fully dehydrated at 125 degrees for 6-10 hours. There is a considerable loss of mass during steaming which yields less pills. This method provides more protection against bacteria because of high heat and is commonly referred to as the Traditional Chinese method.
- The placenta tincture has almost indefinite shelf life if stored properly and can be used years down the road for hormonal balance and energy. Made using the highest quality 80% proof alcohol. It is a great remedy to have available after the immediate postpartum time and can be used in stressful situations, low energy, feeling depressed or out of balance, during times of transitions, and to relieve PMS and Menopause symptoms.
Your choice of encapsulation method
Prepared with highest respect and healing energy
Same day pickup and delivery within 24-48 hours.
Complimentary cord keepsake, photos, and prints.
- The placenta homeopathic remedy is for your baby for use during times of transitions or illness. It is also made using only the highest quality 80% proof alcohol. Perfect Remedy is 6C homeopathic remedy and comes with Perfect Essence, a 1C essence with instructions on how you can remake a life long supply for your child that will last until adulthood.